Skip to main content

Court fees

Pacoima, CA |

hi well i was originaly charged for driving on a suspended license and speeding but i dont know why i was charged for driving on a suspended license because i never had a license i went to court while i was incarcerated and the judge gave me time served so now i have a bench warrant because of not paying court fees im currently trying to fix my immigration status and im worried it might affect me if i get incarcerated im willing to pay the fine but im not sure if i will be given the chance to without jail time also this took place in lancaster california

i went to court for this in the year 2005

Attorney Answers 2


Find out the total amount you owe. When you go to court have the total amount with you. This may prevent the Judge from adding any penalties. You may also hire a lawyer and have that lawyer go to court ready to pay the entire amount. There's no guarantee you won't receive additional punishment as a result of the violation, but you will have a better chance if you can pay the entire amount owed.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You need an attorney to get the old matter put back on calendar and get the bench warrant recalled and deal with the failure to pay fine issue. Hopefully it will only remain money issues. An attorney can appear for you.

Legal disclaimer: You can learn more about me by clicking on my Avvo profile. Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics