Court arraignment for Susspended license

Is there anyway that I can avoid going to the arraignment taking care of the fines and fees with the DMV. They are saying my license has been suspended for 8 years when I already paid for the ticket I got 8 years ago

Palmdale, CA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Okorie Okorocha

Okorie Okorocha

Employment / Labor Attorney - Studio City, CA

You are being arraigned which means you have an order to be in court, an attorney can appear for you pursuant to Penal Code 977a on most misdemeanors.

Not going to court is a crime and will result in more charges.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do
not know the law in your state or at all for that matter and that I am
just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with
an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in
your area immediately after reading my posting.

Paul Samuel Geller

Paul Samuel Geller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Pasadena, CA

If you don't go to your arraignment, or have an attorney show up for you, you'll be issued a warrant for your arrest which will further prohibit you from clearing up your license. An attorney can go in your place without your presence, but either you or a lawyer need to appear.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.