COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY

Fargo, ND |

I have a case that I would like to get looked at in the State of North Dakota. I am not however a resident of the state I am all the way in FL. Is it possible to get an appointed attorney. How would I be able to do such a thing ?

A person gets a court-appointed attorney at the beginning of a criminal case, in the state the crime is being prosecuted.

If you live in Florida and "would like to get a case looked at" then it sounds like you will have to hire a private attorney for an independent review of the case.

What if i cannot afford an attorney.

Alex R. Hess

Alex R. Hess

They will not appoint an attorney just because "you want it looked at." The case is over and closed. If you want an attorney to look at it, you'll likely have to pay an attorney for an independent review

If you cannot afford an attorney, you need to apply for a public defender in the County where the crime occurred. You should contact to find out what you must do. Good luck.

Would the clerk of courts know this or do i have to find the public defender in the area ?