Skip to main content


Fargo, ND |

I have a case that I would like to get looked at in the State of North Dakota. I am not however a resident of the state I am all the way in FL. Is it possible to get an appointed attorney. How would I be able to do such a thing ?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. A person gets a court-appointed attorney at the beginning of a criminal case, in the state the crime is being prosecuted.

    If you live in Florida and "would like to get a case looked at" then it sounds like you will have to hire a private attorney for an independent review of the case.

  2. If you cannot afford an attorney, you need to apply for a public defender in the County where the crime occurred. You should contact to find out what you must do. Good luck.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics