Skip to main content

Court appearance question on Viol-Tail Lamps vtl 0375 2A3.... (Traffic Court/Ticket)

Johnson City, NY |

Greetings, I received a traffic violation / fix it ticket, on the 7th of November. AND am now ordered to appear in court 7th of December (of course this year). This is my first ticket in the Village of Johnson City. My first ticket since, 2005 (which was a ticket reduced to a fix ticket and no fine just court fees).

My question is, I am not going to be able to pay any court fee opposed upon me or any ticket fees or fines. I know in higher courts such a criminal court. Some people could ask for a "wavier." Would something like this or similar be applied here, in my case." Please provide me with something I could print out, like the article that discuss this.

AND thank you for you help. Much appreciated.

If you would grant me the permission to call you I can explain better. If you are willing to provide contact information, please eMail me directly. Thank.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Fix the defect and bring evidence of the repair with you. Explain your financial situation to the Judge. If he or she is compassionate, they may waive the fine or impose the minimum. Sometimes court costs cannot be waived. In any event, you can always request "time to pay"
    due to your hardship and the court may give you several months to come up with the money.
    Good Luck!!

  2. I don't know how the practice is in Johnson City but if you show proof of fixing the equipment failure, the fine, if any should be minimal.

    All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website

  3. Some court drop tickets if you repair the defect. If the court won't do that your option is to take a plea and pay the fine or go to trial and pay a higher fine if convicted. Perhaps the court will let you do community service but I've never heard of that for a moving violation.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics