Court appearance question on Viol-Tail Lamps vtl 0375 2A3.... (Traffic Court/Ticket)

Asked over 2 years ago - Johnson City, NY

Greetings, I received a traffic violation / fix it ticket, on the 7th of November. AND am now ordered to appear in court 7th of December (of course this year). This is my first ticket in the Village of Johnson City. My first ticket since, 2005 (which was a ticket reduced to a fix ticket and no fine just court fees).

My question is, I am not going to be able to pay any court fee opposed upon me or any ticket fees or fines. I know in higher courts such a criminal court. Some people could ask for a "wavier." Would something like this or similar be applied here, in my case." Please provide me with something I could print out, like the article that discuss this.

AND thank you for you help. Much appreciated.

If you would grant me the permission to call you I can explain better. If you are willing to provide contact information, please eMail me directly. Thank.

1. Barry Lawrence Aaron

1

Best Answer

Answered . Fix the defect and bring evidence of the repair with you. Explain your financial situation to the Judge. If he or she is compassionate, they may waive the fine or impose the minimum. Sometimes court costs cannot be waived. In any event, you can always request "time to pay"
    due to your hardship and the court may give you several months to come up with the money.
    Good Luck!!

2. Richard C. Southard

Pro

1

Answered . I don't know how the practice is in Johnson City but if you show proof of fixing the equipment failure, the fine, if any should be minimal.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Some court drop tickets if you repair the defect. If the court won't do that your option is to take a plea and pay the fine or go to trial and pay a higher fine if convicted. Perhaps the court will let you do community service but I've never heard of that for a moving violation.