County record of my mortgage .

Apopka, FL |

I have one loan but, on the county website I notice Assignment of mortgage and a mortgage. Can my lender register my loan as both assignment of mortgage and mortgage ?

1. I assume that the mortgage created and subsequently assigned. Both the mortgage and the assignment get filed to put the world on notice of their existence. The assignment is just a document to reflect that the mortgage was transferred to another party (e.g. a bank, a lender, a trust, etc.).

Do you know the consequences of your legal situation on your Financial & Estate Plan? Dennis Phillips is an attorney and financial planner based in South Florida. He is a member of the Florida bar, he holds the nation-wide Series 65 Investment Advisor license, and holds an insurance license in Florida and Virginia. Disclaimer: The response above is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, would significantly alter the above response.