Could there be anything wrong?

Columbus, OH |
Filed under: Green cards

I am a new immigrant in the country. My husband seized my 10 yrs green card that was sent to his address. Threatening that he's going to do everything possible to send me back to the country I came from. So I had to file for a Gc replacement using another address. I have gone for my biometrics appointment 1 month ago. I was told to be expecting it in the mail. I always check my case status online, It is still under ACCEPTANCE". Why the delay?

Impossible to say why a delay. You can call to enquire or make an Infopass appointment.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Make an InfoPass appointment with the USCIS.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You should make an Info Pass appointment and determine where the card is being sent. If possible and under your circumstances, CIS may give you a temporary stamp in your passport for proof of status. You may want to retain counsel and have the card sent to your lawyer to ensure its delivery.