Could there be anything wrong?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I am a new immigrant in the country. My husband seized my 10 yrs green card that was sent to his address. Threatening that he's going to do everything possible to send me back to the country I came from. So I had to file for a Gc replacement using another address. I have gone for my biometrics appointment 1 month ago. I was told to be expecting it in the mail. I always check my case status online, It is still under ACCEPTANCE". Why the delay?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Make an InfoPass appointment with the USCIS.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Impossible to say why a delay. You can call to enquire or make an Infopass appointment.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  3. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should make an Info Pass appointment and determine where the card is being sent. If possible and under your circumstances, CIS may give you a temporary stamp in your passport for proof of status. You may want to retain counsel and have the card sent to your lawyer to ensure its delivery.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,548 answers this week

3,015 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,548 answers this week

3,015 attorneys answering