Could their be a possible suit aainst the corr facility?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

My husband is currently incarcerated, he was working in the police academy and fell on the job where 2 people witnessed it, he is a big man & landed on his elbow he couldnt move it & asked for medical attention he was denied, they told him they would write a report but when i called the facility the liutenant said nothing was reported, he was denied medical attention the next day as well & after complaining alot they finally sent him the DR claimed that it looked broken only looking at the bruising & swelling. Got sent for xrays & he fractured it. He sent in greIvance complaint to albany & is now being even more mistreated since the report i will be reporting it to the commisioner. Any advice?

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . Your question is confusing, you say your husband is incarcerated but also that he is working in the police academy? Your husband was injured in the jail and denied medical attention? There could be a cause of action. It is very difficult to sue the state and even more difficult to sue a prison and I'm not even sure if this is what you are trying to do. If so, there are also strict deadlines. Please contact an attorney directly to ascertain what rights if any your family has. Feel free to contact me to discuss this further.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now