Could my doctor have been negligent or maybe the IUD faulty?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dover, DE

I had my Mirena inserted June 2011, 6 weeks after the birth of my twins via c-section. When it was inserted, my doctor thought there may have been a perforation to my uterus, so I was sent for an ultrasound, where I was held until my doctor was contacted with results, no perforation. But since having the Mirena inserted, I was having sharp pains on both sides of my pelvis along with sharp pains which felt like they were in my urethra. When I went to see my doc, I was perscribed an antibiotic bc the doc felt it was just a spasm I was having and the other pains were normal. It wasn't until I saw a uringynocologist that convinced me that the IUD was inserted to early and to have it removed and my pains would go away. I had to have surgery because my IUD was outside of my uterus.

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . Anything may be possible and it would take an expert to sort things out. You may find it helpful to review the Legal Guide I have published on Avvo.com which deals with medical malpractice and what it is. You can access the Guide through my profile page.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.