Could my bank decline my loan modification after the months trial time?

Asked over 2 years ago - Riverside, CA

I am approved for loan modification, but I have to stop making mortgage payment for 3 months. After 3months trial priod, the bank will officially reduce my mortgage rate. What if they decine me , after 3 months. Is there any grantee that I'll be approved.i if they don't approved me, then who would be responsible for my credit score?
Please advise. Thank you so much.

1. John Gerth Merna

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are being told to halt your mortgage payments by a third-party assisting you with the process be careful. Do not spend the payments. It is true that mortgage companies are less likely to consider you for an in-house modification if you are current. Under the government programs this is not true.

The mistake many people make in attempting to "artificially" qualify for a modification is to spend the money. When they are denied the modification for whatever reason they are faced with foreclosure and do not have the money to become current.

If you are seeking the modification under a government program then contact a HUD counselor and run all the information you are receiving past them for a second opinion. Remember don't spend the missed payments.

Hope this helps. If you like this answer and have a Google account, please click on this link (www.MernaLaw.com) and hit the +1 sign in the top right corner. It takes just a second to do this and it would be most appreciated and would help others find our site. Thanks.
    Mr. Merna is licensed to practice law throughout the state of Virginia with offices in Virginia Beach and Newport News. He has almost exclusively practiced consumer bankruptcy law for the past 15 years. You can contact him via his website (www.MernaLaw.com).

2. David L. Carrier

Pro

Answered . I am approved for loan modification, but I have to stop making mortgage payment for 3 months.
    Who approved you? What sort of approval? It sounds like someone's been selling you a bill of goods... the federal loan mod programs all require that you be up to date... Call the bank holding your note to find out if this is legit. And I bet it isn't.