Skip to main content

Could I sue the road construction company if the cause of my accident was asphalt sticking to my tires?

Ohio |

I rode through a construction site where newly laid asphalt stuck to my tires. When I leaned into a gentle curve doing the speed limit (35 mph), my bike slid out from under me. It felt like I was riding on marbles. I slid into a guard rail and broke both legs, my pelvis and several vertebrae(including my neck). I have severe nerve damage also. On the police report, the naritive from the officer stated that asphalt from nearby road work was "caked" to my tires. I was told that I cant sue the town that hired the construction company. So I am interested in going after the "third" party.

Attorney Answers 1


You need to contact a personal injury attorney to ascertain whether claims against the contractor, city and county would be feasible.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics