Could I sue the road construction company if the cause of my accident was asphalt sticking to my tires?

Ohio |

I rode through a construction site where newly laid asphalt stuck to my tires. When I leaned into a gentle curve doing the speed limit (35 mph), my bike slid out from under me. It felt like I was riding on marbles. I slid into a guard rail and broke both legs, my pelvis and several vertebrae(including my neck). I have severe nerve damage also. On the police report, the naritive from the officer stated that asphalt from nearby road work was "caked" to my tires. I was told that I cant sue the town that hired the construction company. So I am interested in going after the "third" party.

You need to contact a personal injury attorney to ascertain whether claims against the contractor, city and county would be feasible.