Could I sue the road construction company if the cause of my accident was asphalt sticking to my tires?

Asked about 5 years ago - Ohio

I rode through a construction site where newly laid asphalt stuck to my tires. When I leaned into a gentle curve doing the speed limit (35 mph), my bike slid out from under me. It felt like I was riding on marbles. I slid into a guard rail and broke both legs, my pelvis and several vertebrae(including my neck). I have severe nerve damage also. On the police report, the naritive from the officer stated that asphalt from nearby road work was "caked" to my tires. I was told that I cant sue the town that hired the construction company. So I am interested in going after the "third" party.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael Douglas Goforth

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You need to contact a personal injury attorney to ascertain whether claims against the contractor, city and county would be feasible.

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Jon Mitchell Jackson

Automobile Accidents

Most people are not aware of the fact that motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States. Americans collectively drive almost three trillion miles... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,024 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,024 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering