COULD I GET MY GREEN CARD HAVING A DISMISSED CASE BACK IN 1994, HAVING A B1B2 VISA?

I WAS ARRESTED IN 1994 FOR DRUGS POSSESSION, HAVING A B1B2 VISA, MY CASE WAS DISMISSED, SINCE THEM I HAVE RENEWAL MY VISA TWICE FOR TEN YEARS EACH, ANDI HAVE HAD MANY ENTRANCE TO USA, THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER HAVE HAD STOP AND SEND ME TO THE ROOM, ASK SOME QUESTION AND LET ME IN, NOW HAVE BEEN HERE FOR THREE MONTHS ALREADY, AND PLANNING TO MARRIED MY GIRLFRIEND, AND MAKE MY LIFE HERE, I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPENS TO MY CASE IF I APPLY FOR A GREEN CARD.

Bronx, NY -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Yes. if drug charge was dismissed, you are OK.

Nicklaus James Misiti

Nicklaus James Misiti

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

It is impossible to say based upon a few sentences you post online. If you are serious about this you need to speak with and retain an immigration attorney to determine the best path forward for you. Do you really want to risk your legal status by trying to figure this out online on your own?

Floyd J. Fernandez

Floyd J. Fernandez

Immigration Attorney - Valencia, CA

Since your case was dismissed based on lack of evidence to support the prosecution, and the U.S. Customs Officer let you in, your application should be granted. But you will need a lawyer, to make sure that USCIS was impressed upon that there can be no finding of drug possession.