Skip to main content

Could I fight my alcohol consumption charge?

Sarver, PA |

A few friends and I were in a parking lot of a concert. The officers pulled up and began to search the car. None of us were drinking at the time and were leaving when they pulled an empty bottle from the back of the car containing no alcohol. When questioned we replied that we had a drink or two before we went in. We weren't breathalyzed but received citations. This is my first offence and I work and go to college is there anyway I could get around the 90 suspension?

Attorney Answers 3


There are a number of options with regard to an underage drinking. If the concert was in Hershey, there are programs that can help you avoid the conviction. In addition, there are ways that you can continue to drive during the 90 day suspension.

Obviously, the first issue is to determine whether or not law enforcement can establish the elements necessary to support a conviction.

Having a local lawyer can help your situation.

For more information, click a link below:

F. Dean Morgan, Esquire
150 W. Chocolate Ave.
Hershey, PA 17033

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Yes there are ways to potential fight these charges or at the very least avoid a lengthy license suspension and conviction. I suggest you contact an attorney and sit down with them to go over possible defenses and all your options.

Mark as helpful


The best thing is that you were not breathalyzed or charged with a DAI/DUI. That aside it is still a criminal charge which must be taken seriously. You can apply to get an occupational license, which could include traveling to and from school, in addition to getting ARD because this was a first offense. Also speak with your attorney about if you have to take a plea, making sure it is for disorderly conduct or some non-license invoking offense.

Answers to this question are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship or constitute legal advice

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics