Could I be violated for consuming alcohol while on federal probation ?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was sentenced and convicted to 30 months in prison for a conspiracy charge of intention to distribute drugs. I served my time and i'm now on supervised release (fed probation). I do not indulge drugs and I have never given any dirty urines in the 5 months i've been on probation.

1. Ronald Steven Nir

3

Answered . If one of your conditions is no consumption of drugs or alcohol then potentially you can be violated but more likely you will receive a warning.

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . If a term of probation is no drinking you can be violated.

3. Christopher M. Patterson

3

Answered . The other gentlemen have given you good advice. You could also check with your PO if you have any questions about what is allowed so that there is no misunderstanding.