Could i be charged with welfare fraud?

Asked about 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I have two children and have been receiving medicaid for my kids and snap in the amount of 526.00 for over 2 years we live with my mother the father of my children comes and goes when he comes hes around for months at a time he is not on child support but does provide for his kids to an extent. I had my re certification interview today and was told that he has been using my address on his TX DL and he recently got a car. I didnt know that he was using my address also I have never put him on the application as a provider. So my question is since he is using my address could they launch an investgation and eventually charge me with fraud?? Social worker just suggested that he should change his adderess.

1. Marion W. Cain

Answered . Child Support money is really for the kids. You should go to the Attorney General's office and apply.