Could i be charged with welfare fraud?

Asked about 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I have two children and have been receiving medicaid for my kids and snap in the amount of 526.00 for over 2 years we live with my mother the father of my children comes and goes when he comes hes around for months at a time he is not on child support but does provide for his kids to an extent. I had my re certification interview today and was told that he has been using my address on his TX DL and he recently got a car. I didnt know that he was using my address also I have never put him on the application as a provider. So my question is since he is using my address could they launch an investgation and eventually charge me with fraud?? Social worker just suggested that he should change his adderess.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Marion W. Cain

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Child Support money is really for the kids. You should go to the Attorney General's office and apply.

Related Topics

Criminal charges for fraud

Fraud is a white collar crime in which someone deceives another to secure unlawful or unfair benefits, such as financial or political gain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,140 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,140 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering