Could I add myself as a co-sponsor on my husband's I-864 for my I-485? Can I self support?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Garden Grove, CA

I'm filing I-485 as an American citizen's spouse. I have a valid EAD card, and currently work two jobs. My husband is self-employed with annual income about $ 20,000. Therefore, I wanna add myself in the Affidavit of Support. OR, can I file a self-support form? What is the kind of form for that purpose? Thank you for your help.

1. Desiree B Dominguez

Answered . You can add your income under item 24b of the I-864 regarding household income. You would need to provide evidence that your income will continue from your two current jobs after you have become a lawful permanent resident. You do not need to complete an additional form unless you have accompanying children. See the step-by-step instructions for the I-864 in the link provided below.

www.ImmigrationHelpAttorney.com

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . 1. the amount he must make is $18,912 ... thus he makes enough
    2. yes, your assets/income can be added to his form
    3. no, you can not self-support ... he must sign the form

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

Answered . How many members are there in your household? If there are only two of you, your husband's $20,000 income should be enough. See the poverty guideline of 2011. Make sure your husband's income can be verified.

4. Robert K D'Andrea

Answered . You are allowed to include your income on Form I-864, as long as you can show that your income will continue after you become a permanent resident.