Could change of US consulate for H-1B visa stamping cause me any problems?

Asked 12 months ago - New York, NY

I originally identified Toronto as the consulate to get my H-1B visa stamped when my petition was filed. I have now received my approval notice and I will be going to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico due to a longer waiting time to get an appointment in Toronto. Can the change of consulate cause delays or problems with processing my visa?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only G-d knows that and, I am afraid, no one else.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Robin Jean Gray


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . As my colleagues expressed, if the proper I-824 is filed and approved, you should be fine. However, any type of change with immigration could cause problems and delays. It would be best if you would stay in Toronto and wait so there are no problems.

    This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not establish an attorney client relationship.
  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If the change was requested on I-824 and approved, you will not have a problem.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,010 answers this week

3,521 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,010 answers this week

3,521 attorneys answering