Could change of US consulate for H-1B visa stamping cause me any problems?

Asked 5 months ago - New York, NY

I originally identified Toronto as the consulate to get my H-1B visa stamped when my petition was filed. I have now received my approval notice and I will be going to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico due to a longer waiting time to get an appointment in Toronto. Can the change of consulate cause delays or problems with processing my visa?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Only G-d knows that and, I am afraid, no one else.

2. Robin Jean Gray

Pro

Answered . As my colleagues expressed, if the proper I-824 is filed and approved, you should be fine. However, any type of change with immigration could cause problems and delays. It would be best if you would stay in Toronto and wait so there are no problems.

This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not establish an attorney client relationship.
  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Answered . If the change was requested on I-824 and approved, you will not have a problem.