Could change of US consulate for H-1B visa stamping cause me any problems?

New York, NY |

I originally identified Toronto as the consulate to get my H-1B visa stamped when my petition was filed. I have now received my approval notice and I will be going to Ciudad Juarez, Mexico due to a longer waiting time to get an appointment in Toronto. Can the change of consulate cause delays or problems with processing my visa?

1. Only G-d knows that and, I am afraid, no one else.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. If the change was requested on I-824 and approved, you will not have a problem.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

3. As my colleagues expressed, if the proper I-824 is filed and approved, you should be fine. However, any type of change with immigration could cause problems and delays. It would be best if you would stay in Toronto and wait so there are no problems.

This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not establish an attorney client relationship.