Could a company file a petition for me while I am in f1 status?Are there any consequences?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I'm currently in f1 status and I have not graduated yet. I have a job offer from a company, and they have offered to file a petition for me(I haven't received the offer officially, but they told me they will do that). The problem is that the job offer is not related to my field of study(its in a different field). Is it okay to accept that? in case the petition doesn't get accepted, will I remain in the f1 status or I might get into trouble?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . What kind of petition are they going to file for you? In a "different field"? You need to get an attorney to help you.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

2

Answered . You need to talk to your potential employer's immigration attorney and your DSO for best advice.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

Answered . If the job offer is not in your field of study it will probably not be approved. You should consult with an immigration attorney.