Cost of initial consultation with divorce lawyer in Riverside County, CA?

Wildomar, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

I need to consult with a divorce lawyer ASAP, but have limited funds. What would be the approximate fee for first consultation - and, then, handling the divorce itself?

1. Hillary Johns, here on AVVO, is in Southern California. I do not know whether she is near you or not but contact her directly about a consultation.

Michael is in San Jose, California and can be reached at 408-295-4232 or at schwerin@ix.netcom.com. Consultation fees, rates and retainers vary based on need and ability to pay.

2. Consults should be free. The hourly rate and retainer will vary from attorney to attorney.

Best of luck to you.

Attorney Rebekah Ryan Main

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.

3. Often initial consultations are free. Good luck.

I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your question, only general information regarding the law. You are not my client nor am I your attorney unless we sign a retainer agreement.