Cost of immigration attorney in los angeles

Asked almost 3 years ago - 90004

hi, I am a US citizen, I planning to petition for my brother ( he is in India now), how much is attorney cost for this case

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

26

1

Answered . I would probably charge about $1,500 plus filing fees for the visa petition, but every attorney charges differently.

2. Otis Carl Landerholm

Pro

17

Answered . The previous answers are all correct. Often attorneys will want you to commit to an initial consultation first to make sure that your brother is "admissible" to the United States and to make sure you are qualified to petition for him. At the consultation, an attorney can give you a better idea of what the complications are in your case (if any), and what the fee will be. Good luck.

3. C. C. Abbott

18

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The attorney fees are different based on the market place, experience of the attorney, and the attorney's philosophy as to what to charge. It is advisable to shop around and pick an attorney whom you are comfortable working with over the long term.

4. Joseph Gerard Cella

Pro

17

Answered . Every attorney has his or her own prices. But remember not all attorneys are equal.

5. Curtis Frederic Pierce

15

Answered . Fees vary. It will be a long wait for your brother. The currently filing fee for form I-130 is $420. That is the fee paid to the Department of Homeland Security.

I think an average fee for an I-130 with no issues is about $1,000.00 to $1,200.00. But that is just for the I-130. That is not for the whole case.

Curtis F. Pierce
    Attorney At Law
    Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law
    The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
    The Pacific Center
    523 West Sixth Street, Suite 348
    Los Angeles, California
    90014

Tel: 213 327 0044

Fax: 213 327 0066

www.cpvisa.com