Cost of filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy with an attorney in PA

Philadelphia, PA |

How much can I reasonably expect to pay to hire an attorney to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy for me in Pennsylvania (legal fees, court costs, etc.)?

1. The Court filing fee is $274 and you will have to pay approximately $50 to an approved bankruptcy counseling agency prior to filing your case as well. As far as attorneys fees, it will depend on the attorney. Many bankruptcy attorneys will offer a free consultation to discuss your case at which time they will disclose their fees. Generally, there is some portion of the legal fee paid up front, but many attorneys will agree to have a portion of their fee paid through your Chapter 13 payment plan as well. Some attorneys will agree to a flat fee, known as the 'no look' fee, although others will have their fees calculated on an hourly basis. It will also depend on the attorney.