Cost for the Green Card process?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

Can someone please give me the cost for the each stage of the green card process?

EB2 category:
Perm:
I-140:
I-485:

EB3 category:
Perm:
I-140:
I-485:

PERM - No filing fee, and your employer must bear all the costs including attorneys fees and advertising associated with the application.

The I-140 and I-485 packets, in both the EB-3 and EB-2 categories, will cost over $1,200 in government filing fees, and anywhere from about $3,500 to $6,500 in attorneys fees.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. The USCIS website has the cost for the filing of each form listed. This is accurate with respect to filing fees. If you choose to have an attorney assist you, the attorney legal fees are determined by the market - attorney's experience, the going rate in the region, etc...

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

3. Go to www.uscis.gov
    click on the forms button
    You will get a list of most common forms and their casts.
    Costs are paid to the USCIS or other agency to file.
    Attorney fees are seperate and in addition to costs. They can only be determined after an attorney has an opportunity to discuss your case with you and your individual circumstances.
    Fees vary depending on the experience of the attorney, skill involved, local market, complexities of your case and other reasons.

4. Filing fees are as posted on the USCIS website. Attorney fees will depend on the attorney, the complexity of the case, the geographical location, etc.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.