Cost for the Green Card process?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Dallas, TX

Can someone please give me the cost for the each stage of the green card process?

EB2 category:
Perm:
I-140:
I-485:

EB3 category:
Perm:
I-140:
I-485:

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Best Answer

Answered . PERM - No filing fee, and your employer must bear all the costs including attorneys fees and advertising associated with the application.

The I-140 and I-485 packets, in both the EB-3 and EB-2 categories, will cost over $1,200 in government filing fees, and anywhere from about $3,500 to $6,500 in attorneys fees.

Please see

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . The USCIS website has the cost for the filing of each form listed. This is accurate with respect to filing fees. If you choose to have an attorney assist you, the attorney legal fees are determined by the market - attorney's experience, the going rate in the region, etc...

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Go to www.uscis.gov
    click on the forms button
    You will get a list of most common forms and their casts.
    Costs are paid to the USCIS or other agency to file.
    Attorney fees are seperate and in addition to costs. They can only be determined after an attorney has an opportunity to discuss your case with you and your individual circumstances.
    Fees vary depending on the experience of the attorney, skill involved, local market, complexities of your case and other reasons.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Filing fees are as posted on the USCIS website. Attorney fees will depend on the attorney, the complexity of the case, the geographical location, etc.