Copy of my I140

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Hi,

Well I have my valid H1B visa for the next 1.5 years. I already have used my two 3-year H1B's and using my current H1B after my labor and I140 approval (approved in Mar 2013). I am changing my employer now. The issue is my employer didn't give me the copy of my approved I140. So, I wanted to know

1. If there's anyway I can request that copy of my I140 and approved labor certificate from the USCIS? Does the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act helps in this case?

2. DO I even need the copy of my previous approved 140 if I change my employer and proceed with my current priority date?

Kindly put your experience and thoughts in this.

Appreciate your time.

1. 5

Answered . I have recategorized your question to Immigration, from Workers' Compensation, so you will receive competent answers. This is definitely nothing to do with workers' comp.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

2. 5

Answered . Repeat queston

3. 4

Answered . To avoid further obvious confusion in your important to you matter, present the above excellent question to your attorney of record to determine how to proceed.

4. 4

Answered . You need the i-140 is needed to do many things so you should get it if you can.