Copy of my I140

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Hi,

Well I have my valid H1B visa for the next 1.5 years. I already have used my two 3-year H1B's and using my current H1B after my labor and I140 approval (approved in Mar 2013). I am changing my employer now. The issue is my employer didn't give me the copy of my approved I140. So, I wanted to know

1. If there's anyway I can request that from the USCIS? Does the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act helps in this case?

2. DO I even need the copy of my previous approved 140 if I change my employer and proceed with my current priority date?

Kindly put your experience and thoughts in this.

Appreciate your time.

1. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

3

Answered . This duplicate post has been recategorized to immigration.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

3

Answered . FOIA

3. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Pro

3

Answered . The I-140 belongs to the employer. You cannot access it but you should be able to get information about it through foia.

4. Mitchell C. Zwaik

3

Answered . First, have you tried to simply ask your pior employer for a copy? If they wont give it to you file a FOIA Request.

5. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . 1. FOIA application to USCIS to request a copy of it. An I-140 belongs to the employer and it is its property. If employer does not want to give if there is no way you can force it.

2. No. All you need is a copy off the I 140 approval notice from USC I S with the case number and your name on it.