Copy of I797 (H1B) - please Help!

Omaha, NE |

Hi - I have filed H1B with an employer and never went for stamping on H1B. Now i am in US on L1B. And now I am trying to get " Approved petition " and my employer is not finding it. so please tell me a way to get a copy of approved Petition from USCIS. I have EAC# with me for that petition. thanks for your Time!

1. H-1B employer's attorney should be able to assist you.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

2. Go on www.uscis.gov, use the tab to your left where you will find case status bar. Put there you EAC # and you will get the status. Print it out and use in place of the "approved petition"

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. Did your employer lose the I-94 too? File an I-102. See instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-102instr.pdf

4. Your EMPLOYER'S immigration attorney should have a copy of the full, original approval notice, as that is always sent to the attorney of record, with only a courtesy copy sent to the employer.

A copy will suffice to satisfy the consulate.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.