Copy of a ticket doesn't show the court stamp/file date

Lynnwood, WA |

I have a court date coming up for a speeding ticket. I just received the discovery and I noticed that all of the docuements in it, such as the copy of the ticket and the officer's sworn statement, do not have the stamp with the date in which it was filed with the court. It is to my understanding that the court always puts a stamp on it showing to when it was filed. Would this maybe just be a copy from the prosecutor? Does the ticket that officer writes have more than the 2 copies? Carbon copies that would be.

As long as the ticket was filed within the required time period, the fact that the ticket isn't stamped with a date probably won't help you. Most courts will review the court information to see when it was filed.

A stamp is not a requirement; however, there should always be more than one copy of a ticket available. Some tickets are electronic, however, so you could have unlimited copies of those; other tickets are handwritten, and the number of copies is limited.

This answer is given merely for informational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice, contact an attorney in your state to see if working together makes sense.

Traffic tickets topics