COP MAY HAVE SEARCHED ME UNLAWFULLY, PLANTED/DISTORTED EVIDENCE, AND STOLE PROPERTYT FROM MY CAR DURING SEARCH

Oklahoma City, OK |

i WAS PULLED OVER FOR TAIL LIGHT OUT AND DISCOVERED MY LISCENSE HAD BEEN SUSPENDED. THE COP INFORMED ME I WOULD BE ARRESTED FOR DUS. MY BF WAS THEN ASKED IF HE HAD A VALID LICENSE, WHICH HE DID NOT. THE COP THEN TOLD ME THAT INSTEAD OF BOOKING ME INTO JAIL HE WOULD TAKE US BOTH TO POLICE STATION AND AS LONG AS HIS SEARCH OF MY CAR CAME UP CLEAN MY BF COULD MY PAY FINE FOR DUS AND ID BE RELEASED BUT MY CAR WOULD HAVE TO BE TOWED, I WAS THEN HANDCUFFED AND ALTHOUGH I QUESTIONED PROBABLE CAUSE FOR SEARCH I WAS PLACED IN COP CAR WHILE NOT JUST THE PASSENGER AREA, BUT THE WHOLE VEHICLE INCLUDING DUMPING MILK OUT ONTO FLOOR (LOOKING FOR WHAT I DUNNO) AFTER SEVERAL MINS THE COP SHOWS ME A FEILD TEST SAYING HE FOUND METH BUT WOULD NOT LET ME SEE WHAT HE FOUND. WHAT CAN I DO?

1. The search was proper, the police conduct appears solid and you have a heep of trouble.

So, hire a criminal defense attorney, post no details online on the Internet and speak only to your own lawyer to formulate a defense approach.

2. Oklahom law allows for an arrest for DUS. And the car can be impounded since the passenger couldn't drive it. A search is necessary for impound in order to inventory the contents of the car, but that is it.
    The search in general is legal, but scope of his search (where all he searched) may not be. It is absolutely vital that you hire a defense attorney who will get ahold of the police reports. Be prepared to hire a lawyer that will actually require the State to show proof of its case.
    Any field test has to be confirmed by a lab test. So it is good to wait for those lab results before agreeing to any deals.

This information is for general information purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.