Convicted of 3rd degree sexual assault in wisconsin in 1998, case was re opened and dismissed this year

Asked almost 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

arizona is still trying to tell me i have to register as a sex offender even though the case was re opened and dismissed in the convicting court in wisconsin. threatening me with jail if i dont register for a crime that was dismissed and am presumed innocent of.

i do have a state seal copy of the dismissal.

1. Paul E Knost

Answered . Your question is internally inconsistent because it says the case was "re opened and dismissed in the CONVICTING court in wisconsin." [sic] (emphasis added).

Did the court in Wisconsin convict you? If so, then you are a sex offender and you must register. Failure to register is a class 4 felony in Arizona.

Or, did the court in Wisconsin charge you, but never convict you? That is a completely different matter.