Convert from F1 to J1 visa

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi I do understand that it is legal to convert from F1 to J1 visa in the united states, however for one to do so, we need to locate a J1 sponsored organization that will assist us to do so. Hence I would like to know if anyone can recommend me any J1 sponsored organization who does that? I tried calling 2 J1 organizations, unfortunately, they will only processed applications that are not from the United States. Please kindly advise!

1. 13

Answered . Most organizations will only sponsor J-1s from abroad.

2. 3

Answered . make sure the J1 is not subject to two year residency requirement. The list of the organizations is on USCIS website.

3. 2

Answered . Not sure if you qualify but try calling Culture Vistas