Contribution to the deliquency of a minor

Asked about 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I'm 20 years old had a small gathering at my house where a minor was present. Everyone at the party was under 21. I got charged with contribution to a minor who is 17. This is the first time I have eveer got in any trouble whatsoever what are the chances i could have this felony dropped down to a misdimenor

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

1

Answered . Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor is a class 4 felony, meaninf the maximum penalty is two to six years in the Colorado Department of Corrections. Is that worth hoping for a good eresult without counsel?

No.

Get an attorney. Now.

As a former prosecutor, I can tell you judges do not like these sorts of cases at all and they tend to sentence sternly. Not only did you do something stupid, you had kids doing stupid things, too. Your history (or lack therof) helps, but it is not going to just carry the day.

Good luck to you.

2. Douglas D Foote

Pro

3

Answered . Depending on where this occurred, you may have a pretty good chance, but you really need to see a good criminal defense lawyer as soon as you can.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

Answered . Hire a criminal defense attorney. That will be your best chance of getting a better plea bargain. They can argue defenses and mitigation. This is simply not a case that you should be handling yourself.