Contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manchester, NH

She is 17 and I am 21. If her parents don't like it , or they do not approve or if they are not aware of it. For example if we just went to the movies under these circumstances, or just hung out together. Would any of that constitute contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge in New Hampshire? Even if she did not commit an unlawful act?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Adam Charles Stone

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Let me first answer your question, to the extent that I cannot give you advice on law in New Hampshire, I am only licensed in Ohio, but what you are describing does not seem to amount to contributing to the delinquency of a minor in Ohio - unless, in the course of those activities you described she committed some act or acts that would constitute delinquency.

    That being said, she is a minor - at least in Ohio. As such, she is still subject to her parents' control. It may be well to tread lightly with this relationship for some time until she is emancipated. This is practical - not legal - but the last thing you want is an angry mom and dad looking over your shoulder for some reason to get you into trouble.

    Good luck.


    Adam C. Stone,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law, Ltd.
    840 So. Sandusky Avenue
    Bucyrus, OH 44820
    (419) 562-2110
    (419) 562-1660

    Nothing contained in this message is to be construed as legal advice. Rather, the general information provided... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,301 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,301 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering