Contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

She is 17 and I am 21. If her parents don't like it , or they do not approve or if they are not aware of it. For example if we just went to the movies under these circumstances, or just hung out together. Would any of that constitute contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge in New Hampshire? Even if she did not commit an unlawful act?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . I suggest you repost in thee NH Avvo section.

2. John J. Carney

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . It is not a crime to date a girl over age 16, as that is he age of consent. If you commit a crime in her presence that is a different matter. As to what that state considers illegal, you should ask a lawyer in that state a more specific question. Her parents cannot just have you arrested because they do not approve of you, but they could still cause you trouble if they make a false complaint or if you commit a crime.

3. Marco Caviglia

3

Answered . You won't fnd too many NY attorneys also license in NH, so try under that rubric.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

3

Answered . You need to investigate New Hampshire law on this.