Contract conditions???

New York, NY |

My contract with my employer is for a period if 3 years I have already finished 18 months with him in the termination clause of the contract it states that I owe him money based on percentages rather than a fixed amount. It states if I terminated my contract between 12 to 24 months I have to pay him 65% of all expenses, loss of revenue he had because of my terminating the contract but the fact is for every hour of work I have put in at his clients office he has received more money than he gives me as a salary so can he claim for loss of revenue and without specific amount stated is the percentage valid in law as he can reclaim any amount from me upon termination

1. I moved your question to the employment/labor law section because what you're describing sounds more like a matter of employment law that just contracts in general.

My answer does not constitute legal advice and may not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship or an offer to form such a relationship. This disclaimer is intended to be fully compliant with the requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 and the terms thereof are fully incorporated by reference. If you wish to consult with me please contact me at dana@nytaxcounsel or visit my website at www.nytaxcounsel.com

2. By expenses, I assume you mean immigration fees. If so, it may be valid, but you will have to bring the contract to an employment lawyer to go over the exact language in the contract and discuss your options with you..

3. This question is too specific and complicated to be answered properly online. Contact an experienced employment attorney and schedule a consult. Be sure to bring your contract with you.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.