Continuous stay period in USA in L1B and L2 visa. Is L2 stay counted to the cap if working on L2 EAD

I have stayed continuously in USA for 4 years in L1B visa, then I changed to L2 based on my spouse visa. Then I went to India for L2 stamping. Now can I come back to USA and work on EAD , will it be counted against cap of 6 years if I apply for h1B in next cycle or new L1 B? If its not counted for CAP, will the time I work on L2 EAD be considered as 1 year break for next L1B application?

Phoenix, AZ -

Rebecca Cook Black

Rebecca Cook Black

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

The L2 goes towards the L1A 7 year and the L1b 5 year max, but it isn't counted towards H1B so you could go to H1B

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Yes, it is counted.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

L-1 and H-1 time are what are counted.