Contesting a will, false notarization of quick deed

Asked about 1 year ago - Gainesville, FL

my father died leaving no will so kids bloodline got land , my mom n her man friend got quick deeds and notarized but i never had anything notarized and thats a fact . now my moms dead and this man get everything and mom said she lost her will n this man only has a copy , my mom also stated she had made a new will , and i think this lawyer ripping off the elderly . and helping his friends this lawyer has a shady background and is the lawyer for this man who got everything

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jesse Houston Clark


    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your loss, and about the difficult situation you find yourself in. It sounds like when your father died some property was transferred to you, but you believe that your mother and a friend of hers used fraudulent quit claim deeds to transfer the property to themselves. Now that she has passed away, you are concerned that the property is going to end up in his name instead of yours. Additionally, your are concerned about the validity of the will that this man is claiming to be the most recent.

    To resolve this issue you need to meet with a probate attorney. The attorney will help you in contesting the will and examining the validity of the quit claim deeds. This is not a simple process- in fact, it is quite complicated. However, if you believe that the property is going to the wrong person, you ought to contact an attorney that can represent your best interests.

  2. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There is no such thing as "quick" deeds. There are quit claim deeds, and they need to be notarized. But what this has to do with anything else in your summary is totally unclear. Whether your mother had the right to do what was done is impossible to say without seeing all of the documents and understanding exactly what took place.

    The only thing that is clear is that you have a huge mess on your hands and the only way to make any sense from this at all is for you to meet with a probate lawyer as soon as possible.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,834 answers this week

2,813 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,834 answers this week

2,813 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary