Contesting a will ! who pays lawyer fees

Saint Petersburg, FL |

if there is a valid will for person 'A' and already has been thru probate and person 'B' decides to contest the will ! who pays person 'B's lawyer fees? this would be in new jersey! thank you!

1. You should consult a New Jersey lawyer for specifics, but generally the contestant would have to pay his or her own attorney's fees.

If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below. Thank you!

My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed as an attorney in the state where the law applies.

2. Each litigant will likely have to pay for his or her own attorney fees.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "Ethics: Yes I Need a Lawyer!"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/ethics-yes...

Good luck to you.

God bless.

Wills and estates topics