Contested litigation regarding timesharing and reduction in child support.

Asked about 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I am currently in a contested litigation re: timesharing and reduction in child support and very little discovery has been done and only a temporary timesharing agreement has been established which I don’t agree with has been reached. My final hearing is on Jan 7th at 1:30 PM in Hillsborough county scheduled for two hours. I was advised by my now former attorney to advise new counsel that this needs to be continued so that you can conduct proper discover to achieve 50/50 equal and rotating ( week on, and week off) timesharing of children.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 8

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I am unclear as to what your question is. I would agree with former counsel, however, that a continuance is probably necessary for your new counsel to adequately prepare for your heaing on the timesharing issue. Best of luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have to file a motion for continuance, don't just show up at the hearing and assume one will be granted. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's almost impossible to modify timeshare to 50/50, though it's pretty easy to establish it initially as 50/50. But that aside, what's your question?

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy),... more
  4. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your "final hearing" is really set for January 7th, it is unlikely the court will grant a continuance at this late date. Your "now former attorney" would have had to withdraw from representation before today, so I'm not sure how this all happened, but its probably too late to get a continuance, even though I agree you need one. Tough situation but not sure you have a good solution.

Related Topics

Child support

Child support is a payment made from one parent to another parent (usually from non-custodial to custodial), to help ensure the child's financial needs are met.

Child custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,139 answers this week

3,755 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,139 answers this week

3,755 attorneys answering