Skip to main content

Contempt Order Final in Child Support

Allentown, PA |
Filed under: Child support

What does that mean?

Attorney Answers 1


It means you are in contempt of an order of the court related to child support. This could involve several different sanctions including incarceration.

You should update your post with more factual information. You should also consult with a family law attorney who can advise you as to your rights. You may have the right to appeal such an order, so you must act quickly to protect your rights under the law if such an order has been issued against you.

The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay, 1325 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19107,, (267) 519-2719, LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. You should not act based upon this general information nor without seeking legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. Any client reviews or attorney endorsements posted on this website are solely the opinion of that person and should not be construed as representative of the results you might expect to receive in your specific legal matter. No one can offer a review or endorsement concerning the type or quality of legal work they received in relation to the type or quality of legal work that might be done for you if you become a client of this office. This website is not advertising. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of our attorneys. This website and its feature to contact us do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay or any of its attorneys. The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay practices law only in the states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The Law Office of Christopher Barrett Fay does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Mark as helpful




it's a friend of mine. He has been in and out of warrants for arrest, failed to attend contempt conferences, had an order for license suspension. owes over 1700, but paid $900 today and got the final order of contempt.



all this has been for child support incidently...



His father paid the $900 at the Domestic Relations office, and the final contempt order was issue. I told him he probably means that it's his last chance to avoid child support or else.

Christopher Barrett Fay

Christopher Barrett Fay


I'm not sure what "or else" could mean. He should try to pay the remaining $800. He can consider an appeal based on the substantial payment he's made. Support obligations are a priority and he's being faced with serious consequences for falling behind, so he should reduce expenses however possible and pay his support immediately. The system can be unforgiving. Multiple jobs, no cell phone or cable, etc. all need to be considered to avoid civil and/or criminal sanctions against him. Please mark this as a best answer if it has helped you, as I've given my time freely. Thank you and good luck.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics