Contempt of court remanded to Municipal Court????????

Asked about 2 years ago - Mount Holly, NJ

My friend had to go to Municipal Court, plead guilty of harassment and was fined. The judge ordered him to cease all contact from the "victim". The "victim" contacted him via text message about 2 days later and asked how court was (she didn't go to court, her parents did) and he explained what happened... how they couldn't talk anymore. That contact was enough to get him arrested for contempt of court. He had a hearing, then it got remanded from the Superior Court to the Municipal Court. I read that the fourth degree crime changes into a disorderly offense if dealt with in Municipal Court.
-Would this just be a subsequent charge of harassment now?
-Would he lose his job if he works for the state?
-What are the chances of him getting more than 6 months jail time?
-The likely sentence?

1. Mark M Cheser

2

Answered . This is the third time you posted the same question. Call one of the responders and ask away. The downgrade could be many things. If harassment he has a defense. He could lose his State job if convicted of a DP or possibly a PDP. It is unlikely he would do time but more information is needed. He needs an attorney.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . The entire record here needs to be reviewed in order to give you a reliable answer.

3. Thomas Carroll Blauvelt

Pro

1

Answered . This has been posted before. Your friend needs a lawyer to defend the new contempt charge. They can apply for the public defender if necessary.

4. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

1

Answered . If your friend obtains a good attorney, he will likely be treated very fairly.