Contempt of Court of Non-payment of Spousal Support

Asked 9 months ago - Woodland Hills, CA

I filed a contempt of court motion against my ex-husband for nonpayment of spousal support and child support. The court stated 10 counts of non-payment and set a hearing date. My ex paid what he owes to avoid trial since he was working at the time and perjured himself in court to state he was not working and actually had child support lowered based on his lie stating no work. I have documentation he was working. Can I still proceed with the contempt of court action since I incurred attorneys fees and there is interest to be paid as well or will judge dismiss it since he paid what he owes to avoid contempt?

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

2

Answered . You can still proceed, or you can offer to dismiss it in exchange for payment of the fees, and interest.