Contempt of Court of Non-payment of Spousal Support

Asked 10 months ago - Woodland Hills, CA

I filed a contempt of court motion against my ex-husband for nonpayment of spousal support and child support. The court stated 10 counts of non-payment and set a hearing date. My ex paid what he owes to avoid trial since he was working at the time and perjured himself in court to state he was not working and actually had child support lowered based on his lie stating no work. I have documentation he was working. Can I still proceed with the contempt of court action since I incurred attorneys fees and there is interest to be paid as well or will judge dismiss it since he paid what he owes to avoid contempt?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can still proceed, or you can offer to dismiss it in exchange for payment of the fees, and interest.

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Child support enforcement

Child support enforcement is generally handled by the state. Enforcement methods can include withholding income, tax refund offsets, and license suspension.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,671 answers this week

2,562 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,671 answers this week

2,562 attorneys answering