Contempt of court in paternity

can i hold the defendant in contempt of court for not mailing papers to the plaintiff or is there any actions the plaintiff can take prior to court?

Hudson, FL -

Attorney Answers (2)

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Wendi L Hall-Gonzales

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Palm Harbor, FL

The Court holds a defendant in contempt for violation of a Court order. If you would like to provide more facts, I would be happy to provide you with some answers. With your current question, I do not have enough facts to give you good legal advice.

Anastatia Quirk Ellis

Anastatia Quirk Ellis

Estate Planning Attorney - Tampa, FL

Only the Court can hold someone in contempt of court.

Anastatia Quirk Ellis, Esq. is licensed to practice law in Florida, Massachusetts and U.S. Tax Court, This answer... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.