Contempt of court in paternity

Asked 11 months ago - Hudson, FL

can i hold the defendant in contempt of court for not mailing papers to the plaintiff or is there any actions the plaintiff can take prior to court?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Wendi L Hall-Gonzales


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . The Court holds a defendant in contempt for violation of a Court order. If you would like to provide more facts, I would be happy to provide you with some answers. With your current question, I do not have enough facts to give you good legal advice.

  2. Anastatia Quirk Ellis

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Only the Court can hold someone in contempt of court.

    Anastatia Quirk Ellis, Esq. is licensed to practice law in Florida, Massachusetts and U.S. Tax Court, This answer... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,557 answers this week

2,931 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,557 answers this week

2,931 attorneys answering