Contempt of court in family law case (California).

Asked over 3 years ago - Fresno, CA

What forms do I file for contempt of court in a custody case in California. My ex is violating our standing court order and I need to bring this to the courts attention. I just can't seem to find what forms to file. Thank you

1. Brian Kipling Myers

Pro

Answered . A family law contempt proceeding in California is initiated by filing and serving FL-140 Order to Show Cause and Affidavit for Contempt, along with an applicable Affidavit of Facts Constituting Contempt (FL-411 or FL-412). These forms and all others in California are available for download at: www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

2. Brian Kipling Myers

Pro

Answered . There was a typo in my previous answer. The correct form number is actually FL-410, not FL-140.

3. David Harold Ross

Answered . In addition to what Brian has said, the court's self help center can give you the forms and tell you how to fill them out, file and serve them. Check at your county's family law court to find the right office.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now