Contact USCIS by mail, after applying for a change of status

Asked 11 months ago - Montville, NJ

I have applied for a F1 visa. All the documents have been mailed to USCIS. After a month later, i was reviewing my documents, i noticed, there was a mistake by the lawyer. I am quite scared, can i contact USCIS by mail and update on this issue, before they issue any rfe or denial.

Is this acceptable.?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Instead, talk to the lawyer and ask to correct the error. Lawyers are humans. Not super-humans. No reason to get scared.

2. Harry Asatrian

5

Answered . No. You'll need to wait and respond to the RFE, if any. Also, if it was the lawyer's mistake then it would be beyond your control and as such, you may have an argument to have this corrected. I don't know what was the mistake so I can't comment further. Good luck.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

6

Answered . Contact you attorney to fix the error.

4. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . You can try. You may wish to speak with your attorney first.

5. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

3

Answered . Contact your lawyer and discuss it with him

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

Pro

3

Answered . Best to discuss it with your lawyer

7. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

4

Answered . You should discuss the mistake with your lawyer. (S)he will know how to contact USCIS and correct the error. A change of status (COS) to F-1 usually takes a few months, so the sooner you attend to it, the better.