Cont previous question.I received a post judgment demand where I live out of state11 years after the debt went to collections.

Asked over 1 year ago - Lawrenceville, GA

Atty & HOA were sending mail to the property address. Placing judgments in my name from 2002 to 2010. I do not know what prompted them to find me in my resident state that I have lived for 25 years last year. If they had sent me the debt earlier to my resident state I would have taken care of every thing and question the errors as they happened. So now they want to hold me responsible for outrageous cost & fees that are double the original debt after not notifying me 11 years ago in my resident state. Do I have any legal recourse now. I am co owner of the property. Do I have rights once I was notified to challenge the amount of the debt from the 1st collection notice 11 yrs ago. They feel i do not have any recourse. Pay what we say you owe. Period. That does not sit well with m

1. David Jason Merbaum

5

Answered . Did not see your part one. However, judgments do expire if not renewed so if the judgment is not good in the original state, its not good now. I would get an attorney to simply look at your documents to see if you have anything to be concerned about.

2. Scott Benjamin Riddle

5

Answered . I believe it is a continuation of several posts basically asking the same thing. The answer is the same - get a lawyer to review all the facts, pleadings and documents.

3. Gary D. Bollinger

3

Answered . You wrote, "I do not know what prompted them to find me in my resident state that I have lived for 25 years last year."
    A : Although a quarter of a century delay is unusual, the registration of a foreign judgment in another State is a routine collection action.