Cont from 18500.00 Dentist tort

Asked over 1 year ago - Chandler, AZ

so to reiterate 2 implants did not integrate into the bone and fell out. 2 are remaining . Waking up from surgery I found he did not place the implants on ridge of jaw but more medial so to hold a denture in place (which would have a pink plastic pallet covering roof of mouth.) this is nothing like the model he shown me prior to surgery. I left his services and found another DR. I'd like to go with but this Dr will not refund or charge back my CC. I initiated a dispute but the card company stated they needed additional info. A letter from another dentist stating work was never done or completed. I did not understand this and when I figured it out it was too late. The CC company stated the statued of limitations has expired and no way to revisit my dispute. I'm left paying on this card a

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Steven Roger Rensch


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may have exceeded the time limit for challenging the charge through the credit card company, but that does not mean you are outside the statute for suing the dentist in court. It is doubtful you can force him to give you the deposit now so as to permit you to hire the other doctor. But you can sue him for what you lost.

  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . So did you have a question?

    FYI, your previous post, isn't liked to this one,, whether it'll be seen is hit or miss. You might try to shorten your post to fit it in one submission--it IS enough space if you limit yourself to the main points.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more
  3. Stephen F Wallace

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Shift focus from the dispute to the Dentist's malpractice insurance. You have an expectation and it was not met. This does not mean there was malpractice. Did you pay for the two failed implants? Or, did the Dentist refund you for the failed work? You should consult a professional malpractice attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,984 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,984 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering