CONSUMER RIGHTS and COSTCO WHOLESALE WAREHOUSE. How can a customer be kicked out after paying dues and receiving defective items

Costco yesterday (oct 18) terminated me as a customer. I paid over $16,000 for a solar system from Costco which had a 25yr warranty. Five years later it was defective almost burning my home down. For over 1 yr Costco dragged this on then said they would replace it free. They sent me a letter to sign off waiving total release citing from their directors to their cashier, barely mentioning the system. Meanwhile, I had to pay over $400 each year of additional electricity bc the solar sys was bad. Enclosed in Costco's certified letter was a check for what I had paid them minus the $5000 that was for the installation saying, "cashing the check was my waiver of any claims against Costco from the solar panels." Also enclosed was a check for 2013's member dues, & verbiage revoking me from Costco.

San Diego, CA -

Carl H Starrett II

Carl H Starrett II

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney - El Cajon, CA

They have the right to refuse service to you.

Scott Richard Kaufman

Scott Richard Kaufman

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Los Altos, CA

Can they kick you out? Almost definitely. Are you forced to accept THIS settlement re: the lemon power system? Almost definitely not.

http://www.CaLemons.com

Michael Charles Doland

Michael Charles Doland

Business Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

The claims and rights of Costco against you are independent of any claim you have against Costco. You don't have to accept their settlement offer (but then you better move forward promptly and sue them) and they don't have to accept member under their terms of membership.

Kevin H. Pate

Kevin H. Pate

Criminal Defense Attorney - Norman, OK

They do not have to keep you as a customer.
As for the settlement and your options, stop dealing with them yourself and get with an attorney before you take any other action. You can contact one of the counsel here from your state or other counsel of your choice.

Related Advice