Skip to main content

Consultation for International Trade Business Start-up

San Mateo, CA |

I am seeking legal consultation for starting a new food import business in the Bay Area. I need a lawyer who has expertise in Food/Fruit Import, New Business start-up and Immigration (as I am not a Citizen or resident). Please reach out to me if you can provide guidance on all these. (Prefer some in San Mateo County but that is not a must).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I agree that you are best served by a "local" attorney in the Bay area.

In Los Angeles I specialize in foreign trade and start up companies and specialize in Europe, especially France and Italy and Spain (and speak the languages). We work closely with several immigration firms for our clients on L, E1 and E2 and H1-B visas.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


I would consult with several business immigration attorneys as this will be a process stretching over several years and you want someone who is knowledgable and also is a good fit for you personally.

This is a general answer only and does not imply that I am your attorney giving advice with full knowledge of all the particulars of your case or that there is any attorney client relationship. I strongly urge you to retain experienced legal counsel who can better advise you once they have reviewed all your documentation and are fully apprised of the details of your case. Rebecca Black Immigration 5800 Beach Blvd. Ste 203-176 Jacksonville, FL 32207 904-999-4928 Tel & Fax


My recommendation is to consult with Mr. Doland. Best.

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer