Constructive Eviction and what date would i be able to file for my security deposit back?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

OUR APARTMENT HAD FLOODED FROM THE BATHROOM 6 TIMES IN 2 YEARS AND 3 OF THOSE WERE SINCE JAN. SHE COULD NOT SEEM TO GET THE PROBLEM UNDER CONTROL BECAUSE SHE NEVER GOT A PLUMBER SHE GOT HER SON..(NOT A PLUMBER) ALSO WE HAD MOLD PROBLEMS AND PROBLEMS WITH VERBALLY ABUSIVE NEIGHBORS UPSTAIRS TO EACH OTHER AND THEIR CHILDREN LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS.
SHE CONSTANTLY TOLD US SHE WAS EVICTING THEM BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
WE TOLD HER ON 2/15 WE WERE LOOKING BUT COULD NOT FIGURE OUT WHY WE NOT GETTING AGENTS TO CALL US BACK IT WAS BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT RETURNING THEIR CALLS TO RUIN OUR CHANCES OF LEAVING. WE LEFT ON 3/5/13 CALLED HER AND TOLD HER SENT HER CERTIFIED LETTER DATED 3/13/13 SHE REFUSED IT. WHEN IS 30 DAYS UP TO FILE AS OF TODAY 4/8/13 WE HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HER LEASE WAS UP 3/5/13

1. Guy W Bluff

Pro

Answered . If you were going to get your security deposit back you should have had it by now - 10 to 30 days is typical. I suspect that the landlord will not be returning it. Send one more letter, Certified Mail AND 1st class mail. Leave a copy at the Landlord's door as well. Demand return of your deposit within 3 days. If not returned, you should file in small claims court immediately to get it refunded.