Considering petitioning for a green card under EB1A Extraordinary ability category

Walnut Creek, CA |

Would like to know how an artist can be approved under this category. I know of the 10 categories of which 3 need to be met, but that's a generalized category that applies to all the professions. In my case, I am an artist and I assume that even if those 10 somehow apply to me, there could be other qualifications for the artists to meet the EB1A requirements. Also, are there special lawyers who deal with EB1A cases or anyone dealing with immigration can take on such cases. Can you give me a range of how much such a petition with an attorney could cost. I know it varies by state, and I would like to specify that I am from California.

This type of case is hard to win with the best attorney on board. It is literally in the realm of impossibility to win this thing without an attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I understand as I will be getting one soon, except that I am trying to understand the requirements for an artist under this category. Again, those 10 pillars, so to speak, for the EB1A case seem general for all the professions and I was not sure how that would fall for an artist like me.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Yes and No. I cannot explain it to you on AVVO. it is way too complicated.

Attorney fees vary from attorney to attorney and based on the complexity of the case. EB1s are difficult. Merely meeting three of the categories is rarely, if ever, enough.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

We woudl be happy to assess your eligibility to apply in the EB-1A category as an artist. contact me as indicated below and we can set up a time to review yoru credentials and achievements and advise on costs, procedures, timing, etc.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

I have won EB-1 for an artist, but I agree that it does require an experienced an knowledgeable attorney in addition to a highly well-qualified client.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

It's probably worthwhile for you to pay the consultation fee and speak with an attorney about your options here. The range of fees for EB-1 cases is huge, but you should know that they are very expensive to do because they are difficult and require a huge amount of work. A straightforward filed by my office a month ago included several hundred pages of documents. It's a better use of your time and energy to focus on figuring out what's available to you before trying to actually get the visa.

Last comment is that, just because an EB-1 petitioner thinks he or she meets at least 3 of the 10 prongs doesn't mean that USCIS will agree. Anyway, long story short, talk to someone even if it costs you a few hundred bucks. Then you'll know your options.

This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been formed, now or in the future. This is just a casual opinion expressed about a hypothetical situation.

Education law topics