Considering petitioning for a green card under EB1A Extraordinary ability category

Asked over 1 year ago - Walnut Creek, CA

Would like to know how an artist can be approved under this category. I know of the 10 categories of which 3 need to be met, but that's a generalized category that applies to all the professions. In my case, I am an artist and I assume that even if those 10 somehow apply to me, there could be other qualifications for the artists to meet the EB1A requirements. Also, are there special lawyers who deal with EB1A cases or anyone dealing with immigration can take on such cases. Can you give me a range of how much such a petition with an attorney could cost. I know it varies by state, and I would like to specify that I am from California.

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Attorney fees vary from attorney to attorney and based on the complexity of the case. EB1s are difficult. Merely meeting three of the categories is rarely, if ever, enough.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

2

Answered . We woudl be happy to assess your eligibility to apply in the EB-1A category as an artist. contact me as indicated below and we can set up a time to review yoru credentials and achievements and advise on costs, procedures, timing, etc.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . This type of case is hard to win with the best attorney on board. It is literally in the realm of impossibility to win this thing without an attorney.

4. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

Answered . I have won EB-1 for an artist, but I agree that it does require an experienced an knowledgeable attorney in addition to a highly well-qualified client.

5. Paul M. Ruby

Answered . It's probably worthwhile for you to pay the consultation fee and speak with an attorney about your options here. The range of fees for EB-1 cases is huge, but you should know that they are very expensive to do because they are difficult and require a huge amount of work. A straightforward filed by my office a month ago included several hundred pages of documents. It's a better use of your time and energy to focus on figuring out what's available to you before trying to actually get the visa.

Last comment is that, just because an EB-1 petitioner thinks he or she meets at least 3 of the 10 prongs doesn't mean that USCIS will agree. Anyway, long story short, talk to someone even if it costs you a few hundred bucks. Then you'll know your options.